Professional Athletes Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity is designed for student athletes with hearing loss who are enrolled or intend to enroll in a university, college, or two-year institution (that does not provide athletic scholarships.) The scholarship rewards student athletes for their non-athletic achievements and assists them in reaching their career goals.
The submission deadline is June 30, 2021.
- Grade Point Average of 2.0 or better
- High school senior – college sophomore status
- Accepted at or enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college or university
- Nominated by a coach or other faculty member
- Participated at the varsity level in athletics for at least one year
- Has not accepted any scholarship funds or grants to participate in college athletics
Criteria for Evaluation
- Career goals
- Nomination by coach
- Academic achievement
- Potential for success
- Leadership and character
- Indication of how athletic competition has aided in personal growth
The following materials should be provided to the Scholarship Committee:
- Coach’s nomination letter
- Application form completed by student and signed by coach and academic advisor
- 500 word essay provided by student
- Academic transcript
Instructions for Submission
- The application must be filled out by the student applicant. Please print or type
- All requirements must be met and all information complete for an application to be considered
- The application form and essay should be given to the coach/nominator who is responsible for seeing
that all application materials are forwarded to the superintendent’s office
Email copy of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail hard copy of application to:
PO Box 377
Syracuse, NY 13214
For any questions, call 866-432-7500.